Re: psql backslash consistency - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql backslash consistency
Date
List pgsql-patches
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> I'm not against the idea of a config variable, but this is what, the
> third or fourth go around on this?  It seems rather unfair to put this
> burden upon the current patch writer at this stage of the game...

The fact that objections keep being raised should suggest to you that
the idea is not uncontroversial.  I think it's necessary to look for a
compromise that everyone can live with.  You're really wasting your
breath to repeat the same arguments over and over and expect that
anyone's mind will change.

            regards, tom lane