Re: List of PostgreSQL Forks - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Paul Ramsey
Subject Re: List of PostgreSQL Forks
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Yes, strange definition. PostGIS is an add-on to PostgreSQL that uses
the extensions points PostgreSQL defines. It's not a modified copy of
PostgreSQL (a fork) and never was, it's always been built as an add-
on, using the ./contrib tree as a model.