Re: Editing contrib modules which are loaded by default? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From novnov
Subject Re: Editing contrib modules which are loaded by default?
Date
List pgsql-general
I imagine that there is a step in the windows install that allows one to
select contrib modules. I don't recall. I didn't add these contrib modules,
so they must be included by default, which frankly seems pretty dumb.

I've tried to follow the instructions on the pgsql site for replacing
template1 with template0. It gets pretty complicated, because you can't
delete a template db, so you have to convert it to a non-template, then
delete, then proceed with the replacement. So, I did all of that and as far
as I could tell all steps succeded. But a new db still contains all of the
unwanted functions and types.

I will resort to ininstalling pgsql and reinstalling. I have to say that
this aspect of pgsql is rather difficult to work with. Starting with why
cube and g_cube modules are included by default and ending with the
difficulty of manipulating template1...it could be easier for newbies. I'll
make a request on the pgAdmin list to see if these kinds of settings can't
be somehow included in that tool.