Re: Editing contrib modules which are loaded by default? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Editing contrib modules which are loaded by default?
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 09:38 -0800, novnov wrote:
> I imagine that there is a step in the windows install that allows one to
> select contrib modules. I don't recall. I didn't add these contrib modules,
> so they must be included by default, which frankly seems pretty dumb.
>
> I've tried to follow the instructions on the pgsql site for replacing
> template1 with template0. It gets pretty complicated, because you can't
> delete a template db, so you have to convert it to a non-template, then
> delete, then proceed with the replacement. So, I did all of that and as far
> as I could tell all steps succeded. But a new db still contains all of the
> unwanted functions and types.

If your new db containted all of the unwanted functions, then you didn't
do *something* correctly.

> I will resort to ininstalling pgsql and reinstalling. I have to say that
> this aspect of pgsql is rather difficult to work with. Starting with why
> cube and g_cube modules are included by default and ending with the
> difficulty of manipulating template1...it could be easier for newbies. I'll
> make a request on the pgAdmin list to see if these kinds of settings can't
> be somehow included in that tool.

There are uninstall scripts for all contrib modules that you could have
used.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/