Re: PG_COMMAND_OK oid information required - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PG_COMMAND_OK oid information required
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Andy Chambers <andychambers2002@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>  Would it be possible to provide more information in the PGResult object (or rather its associated functions) about
operationsthat don't return a value of PG_RESULT_OK.  Specifically, I believe, it would be useful for clients to know
theoid's of values being inserted or updated.

Huh?  What oids exactly?  There's no such thing as PG_RESULT_OK, so
you're far from making yourself clear.

> Would a patch with this change be considered?

If I understand what you are after at all, it would involve a protocol
change, which means the bar is a whole lot higher than "it'd be nice".
        regards, tom lane