Re: postgis for beta releases - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: postgis for beta releases
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Mon, 2023-08-14 at 17:55 -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> Thanks for the info.  That's not unreasonable, but I wish I had known
> a few months further in advance, allowing more time to either migrate
> OSes and/or plan how to deploy it ourselves.  I'd assumed that when
> you built beta packages for pg16/c7, you intended to continue building
> them.

Apologies for the inconvenience. That was indeed the plan, however
further issues building 3rd party packages and the complexity in spec
files made things harder for us. Consider all dependencies of PostGIS,
for example.

Please note that since there is a common spec file of PostgreSQL 16, you
can always build RPMS via our repo.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor