Re: unique in two not so unique columns - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: unique in two not so unique columns
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Thomas,

--On Samstag, 2. November 2002 00:58 -0600 "Thomas T. Thai"
<tom@minnesota.com> wrote:

> I have two columns in a table:
>
> email     varchar(64)
> verified  boolean
>
> How do I make a check for unique email that is verified while allowing for
> non-verified emails to be not unique?

Before thinking of a solution for this in PG, I dont
see why you need this requirement in the first place:
whay should the very same e-mail be both verified and
unveryfied? And even more - why should be more then one
row telling you this very same e-mail is unverified?

Is this only an example which does not serve very well
or is there a bigger picture?

Regards
Tino