Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Reset master xmin when hot_standby_feedback disabled. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Reset master xmin when hot_standby_feedback disabled.
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Reset master xmin when hot_standby_feedback disabled.  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Reset master xmin when hot_standby_feedback disabled.
> If walsender has xmin of standby then ensure we
> reset the value to 0 when we change from hot_standby_feedback=on
> to hot_standby_feedback=off.

> Branch
> ------
> REL9_2_STABLE

While I'm not necessarily objecting to the content of this patch,
I do have a problem with the process.  Where was the discussion of
why this change should be back-patched?  (If I'm identifying it
correctly, this is a back-patch of commit bd56e7412, a year and a
half later.  That should have been noted in the commit message, too,
rather than leaving people to reconstruct why you'd only committed
into two old branches.)