Re: WIP: Rework access method interface - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP: Rework access method interface
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> As a down payment on this problem, maybe we could invent a new planner
>> header that provides just enough info to support amapi.h and fdwapi.h;
>> it looks like this would be "typedef struct PlannerInfo PlannerInfo;",
>> likewise for RelOptInfo, ForeignPath, and IndexPath, and real declarations
>> of Cost and Selectivity.

> Works for me, under the assumption that, down the road and without any
> rush, we can shuffle some more stuff around to make this whole area a
> bit cleaner.

Well, since we're at the start of a devel cycle, we'd have the rest of 9.6
for somebody to whack it around to their heart's content.  Once we ship
9.6 it would get a little harder to redefine the new header(s).

>> Not sure what to name the new header.

> Yeah, this is always a problem for such patches :-(  I have no great
> ideas ATM.

I'll draft something, but in the meantime, file name ideas solicited.