Re: transaction idle timeout in 7.4.5 and 8.0.0beta2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: transaction idle timeout in 7.4.5 and 8.0.0beta2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Jeroen T. Vermeulen" <jtv@xs4all.nl> writes:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 03:41:24PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> No, stats_command_string need not be set, only stats_start_collector.
>>
> BTW, I've got this set (I'm even running as "postgres") but still I get
> the "<command string not enabled>" message instead of current_query.  :(

Oh, we're talking at cross-purposes.  I was saying that you only need
stats_start_collector in order to have a row in pg_stat_activity
indicating that the backend is still there.  If you're going to insist
on examining the query column rather than just the PID, then yes you
need stats_command_string.