Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Properly install gram.h on MSVC builds - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Properly install gram.h on MSVC builds
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Properly install gram.h on MSVC builds
> This file is now needed by pgAdmin builds, which started
> failing since it was missing in the installer builds.

I'd like to protest this patch as misguided.  AFAICS it is a *seriously*
bad idea for pgAdmin to be including gram.h --- we don't even want most
of the backend to include that, let alone external pieces of code.  It's
not stable enough.  See the note in gramparse.h.

To my way of thinking, not installing that file is a fine idea.
What we really need to be asking is why the pgAdmin folks think
they should be including it.