Re: Database logins taking longer and longer, showing up as "authentication" in ps(1) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Database logins taking longer and longer, showing up as "authentication" in ps(1)
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/30/20 2:30 PM, Adam Sjøgren wrote:
> Adrian writes:
>
>> I don't have an answer. Not even sure if this is relevant to the
>> problem, but how are the jobs getting into the queue?
>
> Plain INSERTs - often a lot at the same time. I inserted 400K jobs to
> clean up after a bug earlier today, for instance.
>
> What were you suspecting?

Honestly a fishing expedition. All the discussion, as far as I could
remember, had to do with the retrieval part of the process. Just thought
for completeness it might be useful to flesh out the insertion portion
of the process. Though it does get one to wondering how the appearance
of a large number of jobs at once affects the those programs looking for
new jobs?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com