Re: archive modules - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: archive modules
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
> I don't know if it makes sense to document this in basic_archive.  On one
> hand, it seems like folks will commonly encounter this behavior with this
> module, so this feels like a natural place for such a note.  But on the
> other hand, this is generic behavior for any library that is dynamically
> loaded in a separate process.

Yeah, I don't think this material is at all specific to basic_archive.
Maybe it could be documented near the relevant views, if it isn't already.

Also, I think the proposed text neglects the case of including the
module in shared_preload_libraries.