Re: Postgres Printed Manuals - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Harding
Subject Re: Postgres Printed Manuals
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/14/07, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Rich Shepard wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 May 2007, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > >How much would it be to email the PDF manual to someone like Kinkos and
> > >get it printed?  Effectively, that might be the cheepest solution because
> > >it is print-on-demand.

Well, I didn't do that, but as an exercise I split the manual in 740
page chunks (maximum size at lulu), which misses the last couple
hundred pages (old release notes and index, mostly) and put them on
lulu.  It comes to $19.33 each volume for 2 volumes.

I agree that it would be great to have them split up a bit so they
could fit in normal sized books, but there it is, if you want a dead
tree version.  pdftk is an open source pdf breaker-upper I used for
this.

http://www.lulu.com/content/863723
http://www.lulu.com/content/864445

- Ian