RE: Ideal hardware configuration for pgsql/Netra - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albertson, Chris
Subject RE: Ideal hardware configuration for pgsql/Netra
Date
List pgsql-general

We paid $907.00 (yes under a grand)for the rack mount server with
Solaris installed.  Just plug in an boot.  We bought in brand new,
in the box directly from Sun.

Find a bootable 1U tall intel box with Linux or BSD preinstalled
for $907.00  Next with your <$900.00 BSD box. I will go into your
server room and pull out +either+ all the RAM or the power plugs from
your disk drives.  Next see you can tell me which I did without going
in the room.

I guess I could install BSD or Linux on the box if I wanted
but I don't need to.  I just put all the GNU stuff in
/usr/local/bin and do a PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH