RE: Function for listing archive_status directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Iwata, Aya
Subject RE: Function for listing archive_status directory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Christoph,

I think it is convenient to be able to check the archive_status directory contents information.

I reviewed patch. It applies and passes regression test.

I checked the code.
It refers to the patch which added pg_ls_waldir() and pg_ls_logdir(), so I think it is good.

There is one point I care about.
All similar function are named pg_ls_***dir. It is clear these functions return directory contents information.
If the new function intends to display the contents of the directory, pg_ls_***dir style might be better (e.g.
pg_ls_archive_statusdir).
But everyone know archive_status is a directory...
If you want to follow the standard naming, then you may add the dir.

Do you watch this thread?
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/92F458A2-6459-44B8-A7F2-2ADD3225046A@amazon.com
They are also discussing about generic pg_ls function.

Regards,
Aya Iwata