RE: hostorder and failover_timeout for libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Iwata, Aya
Subject RE: hostorder and failover_timeout for libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Ildar,

I have a question about failover_timeout parameter.
Which would be better: implementing the parameter to retry at waiting time
or controlling the connection retry on the application side?

Also, I have no idea if the amount of random access by hostorder parameter will have a good effect on load balancing.
Please let me know if there are examples.

I am sorry if these were examined by the previous thread. I haven't read it yet.

Regards,
Aya Iwata