Re: CoC [Final v2] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: CoC [Final v2]
Date
Re: CoC [Final v2]  ("FarjadFarid\(ChkNet\)" <farjad.farid@checknetworks.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Jan 22, 2016, at 6:47 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> This document provides community guidelines for a safe, respectful, productive, and collaborative place for any
personwho is willing to contribute to the PostgreSQL community. It applies to all "collaborative space", which is
definedas community communications channels (such as mailing lists, IRC, submitted patches, commit comments, etc.).

We need to also cover abuse by members of the community made outside the community. Otherwise we’ll appear to give safe
harborto abusers.

> * Participants will be tolerant of opposing views.

This statement can be used in defense of abusive behavior (“I was just expressing an opposing view!”).

> * Participants must ensure that their language and actions are free
> of personal attacks and disparaging personal remarks.
>
> * When interpreting the words and actions of others, participants
> should always assume good intentions.

This statement can be used in defense of abusive behavior (“You should recognize the intention behind what I said was
benign!”).

> * Behaviour which can be reasonably considered harassment will not be tolerated.

Link to enforcement policy will of course be required.

Best,

David

Attachment