Re: schemapg.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: schemapg.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane escribi�:
>> Indeed, and it fails to get rid of all the dull declarations :-(.

> Right.  I don't think we're going to move forward if we only accept
> giant steps at a time, and we simultaneously reject patches that are too
> intrusive.

I'm okay with small steps as long as they're small steps in the right
direction ;-).  I'm not convinced that this script is the right
direction.

>> I thought the idea was to generate all this stuff directly from the C
>> struct declarations (plus some hardwired knowledge about the
>> datatypes, comparable to what is in TypInfo in bootstrap.c already).

> Hmm, perhaps that's workable.  I'll have a look around.

OK.  It might be interesting to see if this can be unified somehow with
what the bootstrap.c code does.  (However, since that runs at initdb
time not during compilation, there may not be any reasonable way to
unify the two.)