Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Claeys
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
Re: Code of Conduct plan  (Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com>)
Re: Code of Conduct plan  (Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2018-06-05 at 16:45 +0200, Chris Travers wrote:
> If I may suggest:  The committee should be international as well
> and include people from around the world.  The last thing we want is
> for it to be dominated by people from one particular cultural
> viewpoint.

Being international/intercultural certainly has some value, but I think
it's at least as useful to have people with different competencies and
professional backgrounds.

For example: having some people who have a background in something like
psychology, sociology, education, law, human resources, marketing, etc.
(in addition to the likely much easier to find developers, DBAs and IT
managers) would be valuable too.

--
Jan Claeys