Re: An XSLT example script - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Jürgen Purtz
Subject Re: An XSLT example script
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 21.04.20 20:10, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 2020-04-14 10:03, Jürgen Purtz wrote:
>> The example "XSLT Stylesheet for Converting SQL/XML Output to HTML" is
>> tagged as <figure>, but it isn't a figure, it's an example script.
>
> It's not an example, it's an actual script that you are supposed to use.
>
>> The
>> PDF output contains lists for examples, figures and tables and shows it
>> in the wrong list. We should change the tagging.
>
> Why is it wrong to make this a figure?

Sorry, I don't understand. Do we speak about the same position in the
documentation?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/functions-xml.html#XSLT-XML-HTML

Scripts usually are tagged as "screen", "programmlisting", "example",
"synopsis/function" (for functions) - but never as a figure. The
introductory text explicitly says "As an example ...". Therefor
"example" seems to be appropriate. IMO "programmlisting" is also possible.

And: there is no single graphical element like a line, a circle, a
color, or an UML-symbol.

--

Jürgen Purtz