Re: make LockRelation use top transaction ID - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: make LockRelation use top transaction ID
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 09:49:05AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> No, at least not if you made that a global change.  Doing it that way
>> will mean that a failed subtransaction will not release its locks, no?

> Hmm ... won't they be released when the ResourceOwner is released?

Er ... duh.  Still stuck in pre-ResourceOwner ways of thinking ;-)

Now that I'm more awake, I recall that I actually considered changing
the lock code to take all locks in the name of the TopTransaction as
part of the ResourceOwner patch.  But I decided to leave well enough
alone because I hadn't time to think about all the implications.
Yeah, if you don't see any problem, go for it.