Re: As a Linux distro, how to package multiple postgres major versions? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: As a Linux distro, how to package multiple postgres major versions?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/4/22 13:15, Chocimier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I left process as described in previous message.
>
> That's after people on irc confirmed that using libpq across versions is
> fine,
> and realizing that libpq is just a client to talk to server, and doesn't
> implement other server functionality.

As long as you are using the latest version of libpq. For a recent
thread on where it may be causing an issue because of incompatibilities:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4042326.1641321158%40sss.pgh.pa.us

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com