Re: BUG #14921: searchable docs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: BUG #14921: searchable docs
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2017-11-23 16:05, pieter.van.den.hombergh@gmail.com wrote:
> In our university, postgres is the db of choice. Our data base exams
> have a
> postgres instance plus doc on a live usb stick. It would be a nice
> service
> to the students if we could add searchable docs instead of just the
> static
> html docs during the exams.
>
> Is it possible to get an installable and searcheable doc version, such
> as
> you provide on your website?

You could either use the one of pdfs, provided on the website at:  https://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/

Or, if you have the wherewithal to compile docs yourself
there is the option to compile into a single file
by doing, inside doc/src/sgml:
   make postgres.html

This yields a single 14 MB file: postgres.html

Perhaps the project can make this file available?
( perhaps it is available already? )

Erik Rijkers