Re: [GENERAL] Latest PostgreSQL on Raspbian Jessie - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Latest PostgreSQL on Raspbian Jessie
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/23/2017 02:57 AM, Moreno Andreo wrote:
> Il 23/02/2017 10:56, Ertan Küçükoğlu ha scritto:
>> I would like to know;
>> 1- Is it possible to install 9.6.2 with same version pglib on
>> Raspberry Pi?
> In subject you call it as Raspbian Jessie, so I assume it's somewhat
> related to Debian Jessie.
> Debian repository does not (at last, not in the last few weeks) have
> Postgresql 9.5 and 9.6.
> To get these via apt, you should add the Postgres Development Group
> (PGDG) repo in your sources.list
>
> https://www.tqhosting.com/kb/446/How-to-install-PostgreSQL-95-on-Debian-8-Jessie.html

I think the issue will be the architecture:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt

Architectures: amd64 (64-bit x86), i386 (32-bit x86), ppc64el (little-endian 64-bit POWER; not on wheezy/precise)

The Raspberry Pi is ARM.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com