[DOCS] no more SGML empty tags - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject [DOCS] no more SGML empty tags
Date
Re: [DOCS] no more SGML empty tags  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-docs
In XML, empty tags such as </> are no longer allowed.  In preparation
for converting the documentation to DocBook XML, I have committed a
patch that expands all such empty tags.  There is also now a warning
from onsgmls when empty tags are used.  (There is no -werror option,
unfortunately.)

(I have found that in a fully tagged SGML source file, an editor's XML
tab completion works much better, so maybe try that if you want to avoid
additional typing.)