solved: Re: cannot install JDBC with ORACLE jdk1.8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Gamel Anton J.
Subject solved: Re: cannot install JDBC with ORACLE jdk1.8.0
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Re Daniel,

thanks for your hint. In principle this was the solution, but the other way round:
The provider of our software included a suitable pgjdbc version in their package
so there is no need any more to install/update pgjdbc in advance.

@Jeremy
Running 60 storage servers here with OracleJDK installed. Not recommended to
quickly switch to different software/setup if running well.  ;-)

Cheers

Anton

Am 27.03.2017 um 20:09 schrieb Daniel Migowski:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry to say that but the PostgreSQL JDBC Mailing list is not the right place to ask for this.
>
> It is a packaging problem and you should contact either the maintainer of the package or ask this on a Red Hat
mailinglist. My assumption however is (as you already stated) that you will have to use the package manager that comes
withyour distribution and install the driver that comes with it.

--
Beste Gruesse

Anton J. Gamel

HPC und GRID-Computing
Physikalisches Institut
Abteilung Professor Schumacher

c/o Rechenzentrum der Universität Freiburg
Betreuung Tier2 / Tier3
Hermann-Herder-Straße 10
79104 Freiburg

Tel.: ++49 (0)761 203 -4670

--
Es bleibt immer ein Rest - und ein Rest vom Rest.

Attachment