Re: [HACKERS] proposal: EXPLAIN ANALYZE formatting - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] proposal: EXPLAIN ANALYZE formatting
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/28/17 3:24 PM, Gavin Flower wrote:
> How about have a GUC to control the formatting of how it is displayed?
>
> Could also include maximum line width (default 'infinite'), and word
> wrapping rules, ...

You can already configure that in psql.

You can also use the yaml format if you want to use less horizontal
space.  (I have used that in presentations.)

What I liked about it is that it makes it a bit easier to compare the
estimate and actual for each node.