Re: Clarification related to BDR - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Clarification related to BDR
Date
List pgsql-general

Am 14.05.20 um 06:37 schrieb Santhosh Kumar:
> Can you please help me understand, why the following news is published
> in "postgresql" with an encouraging message acknowledging BDR as an
> open source? We invested time and effort to use BDR only to understand
> at a later point in time, that it is not. Kindly clarify, if I am
> missing anything.

BDR version 1 was Open Source, version 2 and 3 are not. Version 1
(patched 9.4) and Version 2 (community PG 9.6) are not under support
now, stable and supported version is 3 (PG 10 and 11, 12 soon).
You need a usage license which is bundled with a diamond support
subscription.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com