Re: [pgsql-advocacy] How to convince people to choose PostgreSQL overMySQL? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] How to convince people to choose PostgreSQL overMySQL?
Date
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] How to convince people to choose PostgreSQL overMySQL?
List pgsql-advocacy
On 06/14/2017 02:58 PM, Stephen Cook wrote:

>> I suggest you try a different tack: ask the developers what they
>> *specifically* don't like about PostgreSQL.  It's quite possible that
>> their issues are things you could easily help with -- like installing
>> PostgreSQL on their laptops, or permissions.  If you remove their main
>> reasons to gripe, then things will be a lot easier.
>>

> Don't mention that the two available GUIs are either discontinued or
> beta at best.

Do developers use GUIs for databases these days?  I thought they did
everything through ORMs.  See, that's the kind of thing one needs to ask
them.

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!