Install on 32 or 64 bit Linux? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ralph Smith
Subject Install on 32 or 64 bit Linux?
Date
Re: Install on 32 or 64 bit Linux?  ("Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej.groups@gmail.com>)
Re: Install on 32 or 64 bit Linux?  (Hannes Dorbath <light@theendofthetunnel.de>)
List pgsql-general
Hello,

We're at a crossroads here and it's time to upgrade boxes and versions of PG.
This eMail query is about the first step.

Are there any recommendations on whether to install onto 32 vs 64 bit Linux?
We're going to be using virtual machines.

Our application consists mostly of near-sequential inserts into a LARGE table, accompanied by updates into much smaller tables.
I perform the occasional queries on the large table, requiring sequential scans.

Are there any indications whether 32 or 64 bit Linux would be preferable?

Thanks all,

Ralph Smith