Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download
Date
List pgsql-odbc
> I would wait for the next libpq version if I were you - that has lots
> more fixes, and I believe I sorted the Unicode bug today (finally - it
> only took about 3 days on and off to figure it out!) - it fixes
> Philippe's problem in all my tests, and I hope it will also fix the
> Borland BDE and 'blank varchar/text' column issues others have been
> seeing as well. If so, it should then be as good as the earlier 07
> versions :-)

That's just absolutely fantastic.  In the last three months or so the
odbc driver has made more progress than in the last three years.  Great!
(although it amazes me anybody still uses the BDE) :).

In addition, support for the L3 protocol paves the way for huge
performance increases via parse/bind.

Merlin