Re: [HACKERS] win32 performance - fsync question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: [HACKERS] win32 performance - fsync question
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
> MS is big enough and bad enough to get all the info they need from the
> various drive makers to know how to handle write cache flushing. Even
the
> stuff that isn't documented.

Yup.  This includes all the raid controllers I've tested...

> Also, I would like to see this test performed on NTFS and FAT32, and
see
> if you are more likely to lose data on FAT32.

FAT32 is not journaling...you could see corruption at the filesystem
level, not to mention the fact that windows would want to run chkdsk
every time the system reboots.

Merlin