Re: PostgreSQL Performance Comparison - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Performance Comparison
Date
Re: PostgreSQL Performance Comparison  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert Treat wrote:
> This came across the wire yesterday, thought I would pass it along. It
> compares PostgreSQL vs. a "Major Proprietary Database"
>
> http://research.rem.nl/performance.html

Are you (or anybody else) aware of any similar studies comparing pg to
SQL Server?  A study detailing not just performance but also reliability
and administrative advantages, as well as PHB type stuff such as TCO,
ROI, etc. would be nice.

On another note, it's a pretty safe bet for this site to expect a
takedown notice from the good folks at Oracle who have structured their
license agreements to prevent precisely this kind of study from getting
published.

Merlin