Re: Proof of concept: standalone backend with full FE/BE protocol - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit kapila
Subject Re: Proof of concept: standalone backend with full FE/BE protocol
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday, November 12, 2012 8:31 PM Merlin Moncure wrote:
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:42 AM, Amit kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:07 PM Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Monday, September 10, 2012 8:20 PM Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Sunday, September 09, 2012 1:37 PM Amit Kapila wrote:

> main things to make it work are:
>
>>>The patch which contains Windows implementation as well is attached with this mail. It contains changes related to
following
>>>1. waitpid
>>>2. socketpair
>>3. fork-exec
>
>>>The following is still left:
>>> 1. Error handling in all paths
>
>> The modified version 2 contains error handling in all paths.

> I didn't see that this patch was added to a commitfest  -- should it
> have been?  I very much like Tom's proposed starting point for this
> feature as a replacement for --single.  Hate to see this die on the
> vine.  Would some testing on windows be what's needed to get the ball
> rolling?

After Windows implementation, I have done first level tests also to make sure it works.
I think Tom is the right person to comment on how to see this patch move forward.
I am not sure what's in his mind that he didn't provide the feedback or proceeded to complete it.
Is it due to time or he might have forseen some design or usecase problem, if it's due to time then I think it can be
persuaded.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.