Re: What if? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: What if?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> >>ation' from http://postgresql.org.
> >>

> >And where does this money go if not to SPI?
> >

> Well the page says it all. All monies donated via the website
> donate link go directly to Hub.Org. As does the advertising revenue.

Actually, looking at that site, I think we need to reprase it a bit. It
now says "As many of you know, PostgreSQL's web and mail hosting is
donated by Hub.org."

Which is not true - the absolute majority of the webhosting is handled
by other providers than hub.org.

OTOH, hub handles cvs hosting, and perhaps some more as well?

Perhaps we should create a separate page listing what companies provide
infrastructure hosting (since other servers are sponsored by ephg,
pervasive, cmdprompt and maybe some others) and at what level?

Also, that page refers to the postgresql foundation. Someone told me
that was not happening, but I can't recall if I heard something official
on it. Should the reference go away?

//Magnus