Re: more locale problems on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: more locale problems on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I set my locale to Turkish, then did initdb --no-locale.
> pg_controldata is set up correctly, as is postgresql.conf,
> but messages still come out in Turkish on the log file. So
> either we aren't doing it right or my
> (modern) libintl is hijacking some more stuff. Same result
> for French, so it's not an anti- (or pro-) Turkish plot.
>
> *sigh*

Do you have lc_messages set in initdb.conf? IIRC, you must explicitly
set it to english or else libintl will try to guess from your OS.

(And not only that, it guesses badly in many cases. For example, I have
windows installed in english, witheverything set to english except for
the date/time/currency format, and libintl guesses Swedish..)

//Magnus