Re: Have translators, will web ... - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Have translators, will web ...
Date
List pgsql-www
> WWW Folks,
>
> I have some fairly enthusiastic translators now.   After the
> release, I
> could easily turn some of them on to the web site, if someone
> could hand them a HOWTO that clearly explains the web
> translation process for people without HTML skills.  Is there one?

The README file pretty much only says:

"Preparing and adding a new translation

There are two tasks in translating the site to a new language:
1) Preparing gettext translation for dynamic templates and PHP scripts.
2) Translating the static pages.

Finally, one has to edit system/global/languages.php and add a new
language entry to the array[s] within. After the language is made known
to the website, there is a new task:

3) Translating the content stored in database (done via admin/
scripts)."

1) is handled using normal .po files stored in the po subdirectory in
cvs.
2) is handled by taking a copy of the files in the template/en directory
one by one into template/<newlang> and just translating the contents.
3) is a web interface, just needs a login

A question to others though: do we have a way to track which
translations are updated? It should preferrably show on the page when
the english page has been changed since the translation.

It may already do this, since there is pretty much no translation up, if
so just let me know please :-) If not, we should probably consider
adding it. Anybody know? (goes for all points 1,2 and 3 above)

//Magnus