Re: a few webby things - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: a few webby things
Date
List pgsql-www
> Web maintainers,
>
> I don't usually get into website stuff, and don't read the
> list, but here are a couple questions/suggestions and one
> plea for help.
>
> 1. I was recently given the honor of being made a committer
> (somewhat to my surprise). It occurred to me then that I
> didn't know who all the committers were. So I went to the web
> site but didn't see the info anywhere. Maybe a separate
> section on the developers page, or a little icon to
> distinguish them, would be a good thing. This isn't because I
> want to blow my own horn but because others might have the
> same question I did.

This sounds like a good idea. I don't know who they are either :-)
(apart from the usual suspects, of course) If someone can cook up the
complete list, adding it to the page should be trivial.

> 2. Has anyone ever tried to produce a version of the docs
> with a navigation sidebar? I often use the web site docs but
> I would like something like the Table of Contents as a
> sidebar (maybe in it own
> frame) that would help navigate without having to go to the
> top all the time. That would be a great advance. I'm
> suggesting it as an additional option, not to replace the
> existing docs setup.

This also sounds like a good idea. I dunno if it has been tried though -
if not, it sounds like it could be worth one. Dave, you did the docs
stuff, right? Ever tried this?

[snip the image stuff, really can't help you there]

//Magnus