Re: Running PostGre on DVD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Running PostGre on DVD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Yes. And this is a good thing! :-)
> > There is no reason a normal user should be able to run a service
> > process. And services should normally have dedicated accounts, and
> > there is no reason you should ever need to log in as that account
> > interactively.
>
> Yes there is, to setup a MAPI profile for the service to use.
>
> However I'd welcome it if you could prove that wrong with an
> easy way to create a profile for a different user :-)

Just don't use MAPI from a service. It was *NOT* made for doing that.
MAPI was created for a single user running a single-threaded app on a
single console.

There are plenty of other ways to get to your mail, that will actually
work :-)

//Magnus