Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date
List pgsql-www
> Hi Magnus,

> If I understand correctly, you meant to put the "community" as a
subsection on the "new tree". Otherwise, > please explain.

No, I mean (as below) to integerate it fully in the main site instead of
keeping a separate site.

IMHO, PostgreSQL has for a long time lacked a lot in
end-user-friendlyness by having a ton of different sites for different
things, making it very unclear where to find thigns. Several of these
were folderi nto the main site with the change to the latest design,
which was great. I think the long-term goal should be to fold more in
there rather than to go back in the other direction with more different
sites.

> I agree with the consistency. Who can help me with some
> technical information the current framework.

Get the cvs code from the gborg cvs and poke around in it. For further
things, ask on the list. Not sure if there are any "experts" still
around, but there are a bunch of people who know pretty much how it
works ;-)

//Magnus