Proposal for building knowledgebase website. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Gevik babakhani
Subject Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date
List pgsql-www
Dear Sirs,

I have started experimenting with a website regarding technical documenting
for helping pg developers. I have posted several mailing in the generals and
hackers list about the idea to have a knowledgebase website.

My idea is to build a knowledge base like the msdn. I have also experimented
with a good dynamic loading treeview and framebased look and feel site. The
experimenting site can be found at http://www.truesoftware.net/pgdn/ I
believe many of PostgreSQL developers would benefit from a knowledge base
and perhaps in time the techdocs can be upgraded and migrated to a more
structured postgresql developer network.

Regarding this mater I have also communicated with Robert Treat. My proposal
is to begin with a Q&A section in the beginning. If this is accepted by the
community then perhaps we would add more content and groups in the tree and
depending on success the techdocs can be migrated to a more structured
hierarchical website.

Regarding the site programming: It is possible for me to develop the site
both in PHP5 or ASP.NET(mono). At this moment I also have the means to host
the proposed website. It would be create to have a pgdn.postgresql.org.

Kind regards,
Gevik Babakhani