Re: New Chinese FAQ - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: New Chinese FAQ
Date
List pgsql-www
>two Chinese

>> > "gb_2312-80".
>> >
>> > I have changed the character set specification in CVS to
>> > match your suggestion.  Magnus, want to try it again?
>>
>> Can you convert it to UTF8 with iconv? (just to see that there are no
>> bad chars in it) Until that works, there is no point in
>trying it on the
>> website. (Once it works in yuor iconv, we can test it in the one on
>> wwwmaster, but I assume they'd be the same)
>
>I did:
>
>    $ iconv -f gb2312 -t utf-8 FAQ_chinese.html  >x
>    $
>
>and I got nothing reported (no errors), and file 'x' looks OK.

Encoding looks good, but there is a lot of missing HTML tags in it :-(

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//wwwmaster.postgresq
l.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_chinese.html

A quick look shows a lot of missing </P> tags.

(You can always preview the output at
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_chinese.html, but remember
it's delayed (the website pulls once per hour, but it pulls from anoncvs
so there is the additional delay there)

//Magnus