Re: PostgreSQL Engineer Wanted - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Marcus Whitney
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Engineer Wanted
Date
List pgsql-jobs
PostgreSQL Database Engineer

Emma (www.myemma.com), the Web-based service that helps organizations around the world streamline their email marketing and communications, is looking for someone to join our information systems team as the guru of all things database.

We're looking for a PostgreSQL expert, perhaps even someone with experience working on the actual PostgreSQL distribution or a well used project on PgFoundry. This person will engineer and administer our large PostgreSQL environment, lead schema architecture initiatives, work closely with the development team to optimize data queries, and help determine what the future database needs are for our fast-growing product and customer base.

This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who loves working with PostgreSQL and wants to help steer PostgreSQL into greater enterprise prominence.  Emma is on the forefront of the Open Source business movement and offers a unique opportunity to take part in some of the most challenging, interesting systems and development work in the country.  Slony, Tablespaces, Constraint Exclusion, Inheritence and lots of pl/PgSQL are just some of the things we are looking for this expert to command as he or she helps us make Emma a PostgreSQL implementation worthy of a Slashdot mention.

Emma offers very competitive salaries, a health plan, 401(k), and a culture that's open, creative, and cubicle-free. This job is based in Nashville, and the start date is flexible.  Relocation is possible for the right candidate.

Must Haves:

-> Experience administrating production-level databases.

-> PostgreSQL expertise.

Interested? Email a cover letter and resume to Marcus Whitney (marcus@myemma.com).
No phone calls, please.

marcus whitney