database developer - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Clark C. Evans
Subject database developer
Date
List pgsql-jobs
Database Developer

  We�are looking for an experienced server-side database developer to
  support leading scientific researchers. You will be using PostgreSQL
  and Python to create data conversion scripts, custom reports,
  server-side logic (stored procedures), regression tests, and other
  fun/challenging stuff.

  This position is for a full-time employee at our office in New
  Haven, Connecticut. We are conveniently located near the Yale
  Medical School. Telecommute up to 80% possible.

  Compensation is $55K to $85K/year, plus benefits and project-based
  bonuses, commensurate with experience. This is not a J2EE job. No
  recruiting agencies please.

  Please send your resume and salary requirements to:
  job_dba_20061213@prometheusresarch.com

About Our Company

  Prometheus is a software development house and consultancy that uses
  open-source tools to solve scientific data-management problems. Most
  of our work is released as open-source software.

  Our clients are world-renowned biomedical researchers in exciting
  fields such as clinical genetics and Autism research who rely on our
  web-based integrated data management system to streamline their
  large scientific projects. Recent challenges include connecting
  multiple data collection sites into a nation-wide network, and
  supporting multi-disciplinary scientific collaborations.

  For additional information about our company, please visit our
  website at: http://www.prometheusresearch.com. Prometheus is an
  Equal Opportunity Employer.

Minimum Qualifications:

  * B.A., B.S., or equivalent degree
  * Experience working with SQL Databases
  * Experience writing and maintaining SQL queries, stored
    procedures, and triggers
  * Experience writing and maintaining regression tests
  * Excellent technical writing and organizational skills
  * Excellent oral and written English
    communication skills

 Preferred Qualifications

  * PostgreSQL, Python, PL/Python, PL/pgSQL
  * Experience participating in open source projects
  * Experience with SysAdmin tasks in Linux or FreeBSD
  * Web design experience with DHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT
  * Experience with JavaScript and open-source toolkits (Qooxdoo)