Re: Patch for current_schemas to optionally include implicit schemas - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch for current_schemas to optionally include implicit schemas
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> Attached is the result which seems to work OK here. The existing
> current_schemas() works as previously, & I have added
> current_schemas(bool) which will return the full implicit/explicit path
> if passed true or the explicit path is pass false.

This patch will break the existing current_schemas() function AFAICS;
the code will be testing a value that it wasn't passed, and getting a
random result, so it's unclear which behavior you'd get.

Since current_schemas() isn't in any released code yet, it's not by
any means set in stone.  I'd be willing to simply change it to take a
boolean parameter always.  Comments anyone?

            regards, tom lane