Re: BUG #14435: PGAdmin 4 will not see the server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #14435: PGAdmin 4 will not see the server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
jmhowitt@mac.com writes:
> I installed PGAdmin 4 and i install Postgres 9.6.1. with homebrew. In the
> postgres.conf i set list to port 5432 and i set listen_addresses to "*"
> I can connect on the command line and i can connect with a tool called
> Portico and with PGAdmin 3. However both versions of PGAdmin4 will not
> connect and i just get a screen telling me "Failed to connect to the PGAmin
> application server. Click here to try again."

Does anything show up in the postmaster log when you do that?

I'm a bit suspicious that PGAdmin4 is trying to use an IPv6 definition of
"localhost" and you've only made provision for IPv4 in pg_hba.conf, or
something like that.

It's regrettable that PGAdmin4 isn't giving you more detail about the
failure, but you need to complain about that on the pgadmin lists,
not here --- this list is for server problems.

            regards, tom lane