Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Adjust things so that the query_string of a cached plan and the - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Adjust things so that the query_string of a cached plan and the
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> The alternative I was envisioning was to have it look at the
>> ActivePortal's query string.  However, if you prefer to define the
>> function as returning the current client query, it's fine as-is.
>> We should make sure the documentation explains it like that however.

> Now that you told me about ActivePortal I have used that and it seems to
> work fine.  Patch attached and applied; documentation updated.

Well, hold on a minute.  I said that was an alternative to look at,
not that it was necessarily better.  Can you define in words of one
syllable which queries will be exposed this way?  I don't believe
it's "all of them".