Re: Add regression tests for COLLATE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add regression tests for COLLATE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robins Tharakan <tharakan@gmail.com> writes:
> Fabien pointed out that currently does not check for non-trivial locales. I
> am still on the learning curve about LOCALEs and so, let me know if this is
> a show-stopper. I guess I could look at it and get back in some time with
> more tests as Fabien points out.

You really can't, because there is no guarantee that any given machine
will have anything except "C" and "POSIX".  But there's another problem:
I believe this test will fail on any machine where the database is
created with an encoding different from UTF8, because that encoding is
named in some of the error messages in the expected output.

This stuff is not easy to test in a portable way.