Re: Annoying Reply-To - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Serge Fonville
Subject Re: Annoying Reply-To
Date
List pgsql-general

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 9:26 PM, Serge Fonville <serge.fonville@gmail.com> wrote:
Altough I am not sure what the real issue is,
I do know that on (for example) the tomcat mailing list, when I choose reply (in gmail) the to: field contains the address of the mailing list.
Based on what I know, this should be relatively easy to set up in the mailing list manager.

just my 2ct

Serge Fonvilee

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 9:15 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Guy Rouillier wrote:

> When I use "Reply All" in Thunderbird, it adds a "To:" to each of the
> individuals in the discussion, and a "CC:" to the list.  Since I
> personally don't like receiving multiple copies of emails from this
> list, I delete all of the "To:" addressees and change the list from
> "CC:" to "To:".  Would be nice if everyone did the same.

I don't know about Thunderbird, but my email client has a keystroke that
does exactly that.  I disable that feature though, because I don't like
it; I very much prefer the two copies because I get the fastest one
first (of course, I only receive one -- the system makes sure that the
second one is not delivered to me but discarded silently).

I would be really annoyed if my mail system inflicted so much pain on my
as Thunderbird seems to inflict on you.

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/